Level Design Playground 2D
A downloadable asset pack for Windows and macOS
Level Design Playground (LDP) is a 2D platforming game template created in Unity that can be used to experiment with level design concepts without needing to program your own game. LDP can also be used as a reference example of a fully working game or as a basis to create your own game, but the primary goal is allow you to design levels with minimal technical knowledge.
Want to see how the game plays for yourself? Try the free demo build (link below).
- Robust and tuneable player controller
- One-way platforms
- Moving platforms with tools for easy setup
- Collectibles, for collecting
- Hazards, for dying
- Tuneable enemies with patrol and attack states
- Checkpoints and re-spawning complete with game state roll-back
- UI screens for a full end-to-end user experience (pause menu included!)
- Level timer and collectible count
- Amazing audio created by Rob Wilson
Need audio for your own game project? Email Rob!
Got problems? Let me know in the comments below.
- Update project to Unity 2020.3.19f1 and fix build compilation errors
- Lower default music and sfx volume to -20db (you can change this yourself by tweaking the audio mixer asset)
- Reduce the size of the spikes collider
- Add "moving platform - wide" prefab variant
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.77 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.